Review: Colters' Woman by Maya Banks

by 6/03/2013 0 comments
Paperback272 pages
Published January 1st 2007 
by Samhain Publishing 
(first published 2006)

Adam, Ethan and Ryan aren't looking for women. They're looking for a woman. One woman to share their lives and their beds. They don't want a casual romp in the hay, they want the woman who will complete them and they're losing hope of finding her. That is until Adam finds Holly lying in the snow just yards from their cabin. He knows she's different the minute he holds her in his arms. But before Adam gets his hopes up, he knows he has to gauge his brothers reactions. Soon its evident that she's the one. There are a few problems, however, like convincing her she belongs with them and keeping her safe from the man who wants her dead. 

Warning, this title contains the following: explicit sex, graphic language, menage a quatre, violence.




♥My Thoughts♥

This sort of novel isn't my usual read. I've seen this title around for a while now, but I was never very tempted to pick it up. Recently I've had some discussion with friends about this novel, and the feedback I heard was so good and so unexpected that I began to become curious. Curious to move outside of my comfort zone? Oh yes. 

Adam: The oldest the of the brothers. He had the whole big brother thing down pat, he takes care of everyone and he's pretty serious and level headed. He kinda over thinks sometimes. When he finds Holly, he knows that she's the one and all he has to do is convince Holly that they're the men for her. I liked how much he cared for his brothers and for Holly. I think sometimes I found it harder to relate to him than the others because he was a bit too level headed. But when Ryan was hurt, he really won me over because we got to see the vulnerable side of Adam. 

Ethan: The sweet, middle brother. He's an all around good guy, and he keeps everyone calm and focused. What I like most about him was how insightful he was about his brothers, and Holly. I loved that he just straight out told Holly he loved her when he knew he loved her. He was never pushy, but his openness and honesty were refreshing. 

Ryan: Ah, Ryan. Why are the youngest brothers in novels always the tormented ones? And why do I adore them  the most every single time? I just loved Ryan. He was dangerous sexy in my mind for some reason, yet he was vulnerable and hurting. I liked that he and Holly connected on that level because they'd both been through hell, and that they helped heal each other a bit because of that understanding. Loved how stubborn and feisty he was at the end too. His utter devotion to Holly was swoon worthy.

Holly: I have no beef with her. I could complain that she comes across weak at times, especially since she's on the run, being carried around by the guys, or just plain out so tired she's always sleeping (when she's not otherwise engaged in the bedroom) but honestly, that would a failure on my part to see her strength. Here's a woman who's running from a murderous husband and wakes with three brothers telling her they want to keep her forever. And what does Holly do? She seriously considers them and herself somewhat insane for wanting that, but she dares to take the chance to trust in what she's feeling, and to trust in them. That's pretty gutsy in my opinion. And when she's most afraid of losing these guys she's fallen in love with (because she loves all them, and they love her) she does the hard thing, and takes the chance of really losing them by leaving them. She does this to protect them, knowing how angry they'd be, but she does it anyway. She totally takes control of her own destiny, and I really admire that about her. 

I'd totally recommend this read to romance fans. Maya Banks spins a romantic, sexy tale and this one does not fail to impress this reviewer.

4 glittering stars

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: