Review: Leopard's Prey by Christine Feehan

by 6/29/2013 0 comments
Mass Market Paperback367 pages
Published April 26th 2011 
by Jove

From a tough stint in the armed forces to stalking the unknown as a bayou cop, leopard-shifter Remy Boudreux has been served well by his uncanny gifts. And right now, New Orleans could use a homicide detective like Remy.

A serial killer is loose, snatching victims from the French Quarter with pitiless rage and unnatural efficiency. But something else is drawing Remy into the twilight -- a beautiful jazz singer bathed night after night in a flood of blood-red neon.

Sultry, mysterious, and as seductive as her songs, she’s luring Remy deeper into the shadows than he ever imagined. And as their passions swell, his keen instinct for survival will be challenged like never before. By a killer -- and by a woman.


♥My Thoughts♥


I've been waiting for this novel for a while, and I was very excited to get my hands on it. And what a read! Christine Feehan has shown time and again that she knows how to write paranormal romance. Gritty, sexy, romantic, this story met all of my expectations, and I got my wish--Remy was the hero. 

Remy: Holy mother of alpha males. Remy was an intriguing character in Savage Nature and he turned out hot as fire. Remy has a keen mind, seeing all sorts of patterns in crime that others would not with the focus of a hunter. Which, as a very dominant leopard, he most certainly is. I truly enjoyed the murder story line in this story, and really though it was well spun around Bijou. Feehan took the time to develop it slowly and each of the murders gave you shivers creating a suspenseful read. Yet the murder plot did not over power the romance, rather it ran side by side with it. Remy's keen intelligence impressed me, as did his extraordinary protective nature and his absolute devotion to family, and to Bijou. Despite being very alpha, Remy had a level of control that was knock your socks off hot and when he and Bijou mated--while that was erotic as all holy hell. 

Bijou: Loved, loved her. Vulnerable and yet giving. Strong, and yet something of an introvert. She was a plethora of contradictions and yet she made so much sense. I loved how angry she was with Remy at times, and how she continued to trust in him even though her better judgement sometimes fought with her. She trusted her cat and I thought that was pretty telling of her own self control and strength. I quite liked that as much as she reeled from the idea that she was a shifter, that she didn't run from Remy. I don't think I've ever met a character quite like her, and I adored that she able to take the wild side of Remy with equal vigour--both in and out of the bedroom. Did it surprise me that she risked herself for Remy? Nope. Bijou is every bit as strong willed as Remy is when it comes to those she loves--and she's always loved Remy. 

The serial killer storyline was wrapped up nicely, and I really loved how Feehan developed that over the course of the novel so that it was all connected to everything else that happened in the story. If that sounds cryptic, it's only because I hate spoilers and don't want to spoil the book for you. I waited a long time for this read and it was well written, featuring characters that just clicked and I fell back into Feehan's style without blinking an eye. It was like coming home. Oh, and have I mentioned it was hot? Cuz it was. If you enjoy paranormal romance and like meaty stories, then you'll love this read. 

5 glittering stars


Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: