Review: Hunted by Evangeline Anderson

by 8/21/2013 0 comments
Kindle Edition2nd Edition466 pages
Published April 29th 2011 
by E. A. Publishing

A desperate girl on the run with nowhere to hide... A warrior who has made a vow never to claim a bride... Sophia Waterhouse is being Hunted and the only man who can save her is the one she fears the most...

Sophia Waterhouse has always been afraid of needles and vampires so there’s no way she wants anything to do with a modern day Count Dracula—even if he does come wrapped in the package of a huge Kindred warrior with blond hair and ice blue eyes. She’s only on the Kindred Mothership to participate in her sister Liv’s wedding and that’s all.

Sylvan is a Tranq Kindred who has made a sacred vow never to call a bride. After a devastating rejection on his home planet, his heart is a block of ice no one can melt—or so he thinks until he meets Sophia.

When their ship is forced down in the middle of a rugged mountain range Sophia and Sylvan are stranded. Running for their lives they have only each other to depend on. Will they give in to the intense attraction between them or will the evil hunting Sophia take its toll? You’ll have to read Brides of the Kindred Book 2—Hunted to find out.


My Thoughts

So I've fallen in love with this series. My expectations were surpassed in by the first novel, and I thought the second novel firmly established the series as superbly great. The plot line is deepened, and we have another fantastic romance coupled with action and a teeny eeny bit of angst. Plus, we get to learn something about the bad guys. What's not to love?

Sylan: My Kindred Warrior of choice. I adored him. He was such a sweetheart. He is suffering from something of a broken heart, has made a vow never to call a bride and tries to deny his feelings, his need for Sophie for so many reasons. He wants her desperately (especially after all that marking he had to do while they were being chased by the urlich) but even though he can have her he won't even think of going down that road because Sophie is so fragile. It saddens him that she has been so badly hurt in the past, and that she is afraid of him because all he wants to is protect her, but he really respects the fact that she's afraid of him. He also takes ownership of the fact that he's partially responsible for her fears of him because of the rage that he went into on Earth. Sure, it was a purely protective thing on his part because he'd been charged with her safety (coupled with a fair amount of lust, I'll grant you that) but he doesn't try to excuse that even to himself. He really beats himself up over the fact that he did scare her, and honestly thinks they can never be together. I absolutely loved Sylvan because he couldn't deny Sophie anything and wanted so badly to just keep her safe. He is always sweet and kind to her and the things he says to her, about her, are so adoring I got just this le sigh feeling. 

Sophie: I really liked her character. She'd been through so much, and yet whenever dangers looms near she doesn't freak out. She meets it head on, finding ways around her fears that help her and Sylvan survive. She really is afraid of Sylvan because his size and his fangs, but she knows he'd never hurt her and extends him a lot of trust over and over again throughout the book. She also thinks he'd be perfect if only he didn't want to bite her. Sophie is a very kind and sensitive character, and is very well suited to Sylvan I thought. She sometimes thought of herself as weak because she'd cry from time to time, but considering things that she was dealing emotionally, from her past, and her current circumstances I never thought of her as weak at all. She often extends a forgiving hand and always does the right thing by others. Was her fear of Sylvan's fangs frustrating? Some readers might think so, but I never did. I love that in the end she seduces him into bonding sex with her (really, I thought it was hysterical Sylvan wasn't catching on) and that she realizes that the reasons she and Sylvan couldn't be together weren't really reasons at all. It takes her some convincing to make Sylvan bond her to him, but I loved her daring and the way she lays it out so that there is no more doubt between them. 

A truly enjoyable read, and honestly I loved the characters and story so much that I'm thinking of putting this on my favourites shelf. I also love how there's a bit of a greater overall story arc being developed as well. I actually felt sorry for Xarin in this novel. I mean, the AllFather is horrible to him, and Xarin struck me as a really nice guy. A nice guy in a horrible world, with a horrible life. I'm hoping he'll get his own HEA somehow. Anyway I can't wait to read book three. I could so totally binge on these books--and I kinda am hehe.



Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: