Review: Sought by Evangeline Anderson

by 8/25/2013 0 comments
Kindle Edition2nd Edition363 pages
Published July 7th 2011 
by Evangeline Anderson Books

Kat O’Connor is no pushover. She’s a no nonsense girl with a commonsense approach to life. But there’s nothing common about what’s happening to her lately…

Locks Tight, the light twin of the two, is already in love with Kat. Her curvy plus-sized body is the epitome of beauty on his home planet and her sharp mind makes her doubly attractive. But though he fell for her the moment he saw her, Twin Kindred are unable to mate a woman alone. Lock knows nothing can happen between them without his brother…

Stabs Deep. The dark twin has a secret agony in his past—a tragedy he feels he and he alone is to blame for. He too, hungers for Kat, but he hides his fear of rejection behind an impenetrable wall of angry sarcasm. For if he lets anyone get too close, the unbearable pain he has already endured once may happen again. 

Now Kat and her twin warriors are on a quest—but they’re all looking for different things. Kat wants to find a way to dissolve the half-formed bond between them so she can be alone in her own head again. Lock wants to convince both her and his brother to complete the bond which will keep them together forever. And Deep is trying to protect his heart and love Kat from afar…though it grows more and more difficult to deny the hunger he feels for her growing inside him.

Their travels will take them from the uncharted wilds of Twin Moons to the Deadworld of the Scourge home planet. Will Kat find a cure for having other people’s emotions crowding her mind? Will Lock convince his brother and the woman they both love that they’re all meant to be together forever? And will Deep ever unshield his heart long enough to let Kat in?


My Thoughts

Don't judge the book by it's blurb. I'm seriously in love with this series. I love the sci fi aspect, I love how creative it is, I love how you have characters that are so three dimensional there are times you can't help but be really upset by them, or hurt for them, or just want to scream at them. The first two books in this series impressed me, and this one had me gripping the edge of my seat because the story got more complicated. 

Lock: Poor Lock is caught in the middle. He loves Kat, Kat loves him, but Lock can't have Kat unless Deep has her too. It's a Twin Kindred thing. And the thing is, he knows Deep loves Kat but is just too damn afraid of something happening to her, too caught up in his own guilt to really act on those feelings. And it's tearing him and Lock apart. Lock is still waters, but even his calm nature is tested by Deep's stubborn blindness in this novel. I loved how patient he was, how evident it was that he was hurting, but even when he was willing tell Deep that he wasn't his brother anymore, that you could still see how that saddened him. 

Deep: The dark twin, the one with all the angst. I felt really badly for Deep, and I felt really badly for Lock and Kat for having to put with him. He's all passionate fire in a way, but contained. And he does some dumbass stuff in this book. No wonder even Lock lost patience with him! No wonder Kat thought there was no way she could be with him even though she wanted to. But I still liked the guy because he's willing to do anything for those he loves--even if it's stupid and unnecessary, he does what he does because it's the only way he has of showing he cares.

Kat: Oh my God, she made me laugh. All her cultural blunders were hysterical. Her arguments with Deep were funny too. She's funny. And feisty and so brave. She's willing to try impossible, down right crazy, dangerous things to help her friends time and time again, and I thought she was a perfect match for these two broody but sweet warriors. She's also willing to take leaps with these guys into love even when it seems way too far out there for a mere earth girl. I totally loved that about her. 

I'm not going to get into how steamy this book is. Read it yourself. But I will say, a good part of the action centers around Xairn, who has finally taken his own destiny into his own hands and that the big bad wolf is going to get a love story of his own. And I love that idea!

4 glittering stars



Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: