Review: Midnight Kiss by Nancy Gideon

by 9/03/2013 0 comments
Paperback398 pages
Published May 1st 1994 
by Pinnacle

A mysterious blood malady brought Louis Radman to Arabella Howland’s father.  The celebrated doctor was his last hope—the only man alive who could break the spell that had tormented the nobleman for three centuries.  Demons from the past and the uncertain success of the experiment that brings Louis from everlasting darkness to the light of day threaten the bliss of Louis and Bella’s union in the first book of the “Midnight” vampire romance series claimed was “Destined to become a classic!” Summary from Nancy Gideon's site. 





My Thoughts

As soon as I heard this was a vampire series in a historical setting, I was sold. I mean, the author combined my two fav genre, PNR and historical romance. It's a marriage made in heaven.

Louis: I guess I just have a thing for vamps named Louis--I also loved Anne Rice's Louis--because I just loved Louis Radman. He was everything a great hero should be, kind, devoted to Arabella, a survivor, a good friend, and kick ass. He wasn't going to let anything stand in the way of being with Arabella, and that included old enemies, her father, a sniveling want to be beau and his vampirisim. He hated being a vampire, and longed to be a mortal man again, to have only one time and to be able to spend all his with Arabella. I think my heart stopped beating a couple of time at the things he'd say--swoon worthy. I know that the next two books will also feature Louis and Arabella, and I can't wait to see where their story goes. I have a feeling Louis will be even more sexy.

Arabella: I usually have no patience for cerebral minded heroines. They bore me to death. But Arabella has a really romantic side to her, and I liked that she was willing to stand up for herself and say she wasn't marrying Wesley for any reason, however practical because her heart was otherwise engaged. She really acted like a romantic with a capital R about Louis, just falling head over heels for him and marrying him based on her feelings towards him. I loved that about her. I also admired her bravery in that, and especially when things take a turn for the ugly. Arabella doesn't carry on when she finds out the truth about Louis, instead she fights for a way them to continue to be together. Arabella's character was beautifully matched to Louis.

Here's paranormal with a twist. Not the usual vampire story or setting, and I really enjoyed it. I loved the style, a bit of old world, but nothing overly formal and found it languid and lovely to read. And when the love talk starts, it's sooo romantic. A truly delicious read.

5 glittering stars



Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: