Quote It!~6 Written in Red by Anne Bishop

by 3/14/2014 0 comments
Hi Everyone!

It's been ages and ages since I did a Quote It! post and I have one for today! I've been reading Written in Red by Anne Bishop and this novel literally blew me away. The world building, story telling, polished writing and just plain pure fantasy sucked me in and won me over from the very beginning.

You'll have to stay tuned for my review, but this is one novel I'd recommend to all of you who love PNR
even though it's urban fantasy and romance is not the focal point of this book. It's just that good that if you love the supernatural, fantasy stuff, you'll love this read. But, without further babble on my part, I bring you the quotes from this novel that are just plain delicious writing, and kept me hooked throughout the read.



QUOTES FROM WRITTEN IN RED BY ANNE BISHOP


Setting the keys on the table, he left the apartment--and wondered if, by leaving Meg alone with Tess, he'd just murdered the girl. 

"It was easier when all we wanted to do was eat them and take their stuff," he grumbled. 
And it had been easier when he hadn't cared if he made any of them cry. 

Not quite looking him in the eye, in case that was offensive to him, Meg carefully set the package down on the dry marble stoop.
"I'm sorry it took so long for you to receive your package, Mr. Erebus. I'll watch for them from now on and get to them to you as soon as I can."
"Sweet child," he whispered  n that dry-leaves voice. "So considerate of an old man."

"Merri? Does the butcher shop in the Courtyard sell people parts?"
Silence.
"Oh, gods."

"Crow in the front room, puppy in the middle room, crazy Wolf outside," she muttered. "Could today get any better?"

He hesitated. Erebus actually hesitated before he took the package from her hand. 
"Namid is full of many things, some wondrous and some terrible," he said softly. "And some of her creations are both. Thank you for bringing my movies, Meg. I do like my old movies."

"You're closing up now," Simon said, blocking the Private doorway and not giving her room to maneuver. 
"I'm trying to do exactly that. It would easier if I didn't have as much help,"Meg replied, sounding like she was ready to bite someone.
Nathan whined and gave Simon a pleading look. 
It was embarrassing to hear one of the Courtyard's best enforcers whine like a puppy. 

"You should have stayed with Erebus too," Simon growled. "Stupid female. And I do not want to know about you spinning the BOW, because I'm sure I would have to bite you."

Stay tuned for my review!



Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: