Review: Hunter of Shadows by Nancy Gideon

by 9/26/2014 0 comments
Mass Market Paperback383 pages
Published November 29th 2011 
by Pocket
Series: Moonlight, #5
My Rating: 
Genre: Paranormal Romance


The secrets he knows about her could get him killed.

Transferring to the New Orleans Police Department, Detective Silas MacCreedy has a hidden agenda: to secure his clan’s place once again in the Shifter hierarchy. What he didn’t count on was stumbling upon a sexy assassin who could shred his best intentions and lead him into a dangerous dance that threatens to engage his heart.

But the ones he doesn’t know . . .

Monica Fraser knows just how to make a man beg—for his life. But she has no clue how to fight her attraction to the fiercely intense detective who seems determined to get in her way, both professionally and intimately.

. . . could kill them both.

When emotional attachments to the past and an unexpected glimpse of a different future have her questioning her deadly purpose, Nica must discover the truth about her secret abilities in order to free herself from the forces that control her. But that freedom comes with a price—trusting those she’s been ordered to eliminate.



I'd like to start off this review by saying I wasn't sure what to expect of this book. The series was well established, the characters were ones I loved and am totally invested in. So I wasn't sure what the series might feel like with new characters being introduced. I'm delighted to say that the new characters gave this series added an element of excitement and layered onto the overall series plot beautifully. Silas and Nica are characters that I loved from the second they walked onto the page, and I am dying to read more about them. 

So, my overall assessment would be WOW. Nica was kick ass, but there's a sensitivity to her as well that softens her and made her easy to connect to. Silas was pure deliciousness. Moral, noble, with a dark past and a determination to do right by all of those loved, he was an easy character to love. And love him I do. He was a perfect fit for Nica, and I loved how alpha he could go on her, how he never ran from her even though there was so much in his life that demanded that he let Nica go and move forward as planned. But Silas is too good for that, and I'm glad that he and Nica found their way together. 

I guess you're wondering about Max and Cee Cee, and I was happy that they played a central role in this story as well. And their story is significantly developed on a lot of levels. I'm so super excited for them, but I'm also on pins and needles because there's something in Cee Cee's past that's going to come to the surface and I'm dying to know what it is and what it will mean for the series. Ms. Gideon knows how to leave a reader on the edge of their seat. 

I loved this book. I loved everything about it--the wonderful writing, smart story line and new characters that fit into the series seamlessly. Once again, my hat goes off to this amazing author.


Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: