Review: The Gamble by Kristen Ashley

by 12/16/2015 0 comments
I have read a few novels by Kristen Ashley, and I have loved all of them, but I have to say, WOW. The Gamble was a delicious, fast paced read filled with romance and laugh out loud moments as well as some gripping plot twists. I absolutely loved this novel!

Series: Colorado Mountain, #1
My Rating: 
Genre: Contemporary Romance

The first in the Colorado Mountain series, this held me from beginning to end. Our heroine is super fiesty, super funny and just plain awesome. She was a hoot to read, and so strong. I absolutely loved Nina. She took a vacation to clear her head, decide what she wanted out of life and ended up helping so many in the town of Gnaw Bone. I had hoped for a full length novel for Mindy and Jeff, but I am glad that they also got their HEA. 

Nina and Max certainly walked through fire to earn their own HEA. Both had had some bad luck in life, broken hearts and loss. And yet they take a gamble on each other. Watching their romance, their relationships grow was liking joining a new and wonderful group of friends. The characters and their lives are so compelling, it's easy to fall in love with all of them. It's easy to cry with them and cringe at the problems they face, and the drama that plays out. 

I won't say much about Max as a hero. I thought I wouldn't much like at him at first. But as the novel went on, I have to say, he was nothing like expected in so many ways. He was probably the perfect prince charming but with that tough alpha personality too. The two were a perfect mix. He wasn't soft, but he wasn't a beta hero. He was just...Max. Sigh. 

I cannot wait to continue this series. It was so much more than I was expecting and I'm glad I picked up this sexy and sweet romance.

Happy Reading,
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: