What's the Scoop??? My 2015 Goodreads Reading Challenge Fail?

by 12/12/2015 0 comments
I'm in a bit of a bind. When I initially set my reading challenge on Goodreads this year, I decided that 55 books was all I could handle. And for a while, that seemed a really reasonable and doable challenge. I was doing great!!

Then, in the summer, I decided to up my challenge to 75 books. I had six months to go, had made good progress, so why not?

Because I forgot that when fall hits, I have less time to read. I forgot that I barely made the challenge the year before. I just forgot. But also, I kinda wanted to read more. It seemed a good way to push myself.

But here we are, mid December and I'm 9 books behind and not sure I'll be able to read 9 books before now and new year. I don't know what I'll do! It'll be the first time I've failed my reading challenge. Course, I could push the numbers back down but...I kinda don't want to unless I really have to.

So, here's my plan. I am reading

and I have to lament the fact that while Kristen Ashley writes great books that her books are so darn long! *shaking fist at world*

But, I'm really enjoying this so far, so maybe I shouldn't complain. If I could, I'd count it as two books, and no that's not cheating. I said it was long didn't I?





I'm also reading and nearly done

which is a fabulous book! I love this series. I can't wait to finish this book. So much has happened in this world! I really feel for Ellysetta, and I have no idea where the story might go from here.








I'm going to read
very soon because I've saving it for the holidays. I meant to read it last year but I never did get to it. I adored the first two in this series so I really must this before the holidays are over!









After that, there are some books I'm in the middle of that I hope to finish and that ought help me round off the challenge! I think I can! Do you? Has anyone already beat their reading challenge this year? Wish me luck folks! And stay tuned for reviews!

Happy Reading,
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: