Review: Falling for Love by Marie Force

by 3/12/2017 0 comments
Marie Force''s The McCarthys of Gansett Island series is a sweet, contemporary series that is a lot of fun to read. I remember totally loving the first book, and so far there isn't a novel in this series that I have not enjoyed. The stories are usually focused, the characters well matched and I just like the feel of this series; the setting and easy pace of the writing seem to go hand in hand.

Series: The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #4
My Rating: 4 ❀'s
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Falling for Love did not disappoint. I was intrigued by the possibility of Grant and Stephanie as a couple in the third novel, and very curious to know more about Stephanie. I have to say, I wasn't expecting her to be so sassy! I love sassy heroines. She is also sweet too, and her sad past and story remind us that life is not always fair, or just or kind. But, sometimes life throws us pleasant surprises as well. And these two are certianly a pleasant surprise for one another.

I will say, I was concerned about how much page time the past couples, Mac and Maddie, Joe and Janey and an upcoming couple, Laura and Owen were getting. It drives me nuts when previous characters/couples start taking over a novel, and in some series, I have ended up disappointed and frustrated because of this. I thought that might be happening in this novel, but in the end, Grant and Stephanie got the focused story and solid romance that they deserved. So I was pleasantly surprised (and relieved) myself.

While I think this novel was well focused, and the heroine and hero adorable together, I have to say the story was wrapped up rather quickly. Happily, and sweetly, but quickly. I would have liked the resolution to be a bit more fleshed out--maybe an epilogue was called for? Regardless, this was a nice addition to the series and I have to say, I'm eager to read the next book to discover what Laura's happily ever after will be.

A sweet, solid romance, it's an easy breezy read that will leave a smile on your face.

Happy Reading,
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: