What's the Scoop??? Be Still

by 7/05/2017 0 comments
Dear readers, you might have noticed of late that I have not been blogging much. The spring was really hard on me. Lots of drama, lots of change. Just lots. I won't bore you with details, I'm sure that's enough said. However, things are looking up and I am looking forward to some R and R time.

I remember last summer I reminded myself that there is lots to do and enjoy--a walk in the park, a good book, time with friends, a relaxing bath. And there is still all of that to enjoy, and I fully intend to pamper myself. I've earned it. I'm sure you have too, so please don't forget to take care of yourself.

The trouble is, I think everyone these days is time poor. Everyone is running around trying to get stuff done. You work, then you run around to events with friends, appointments, errands like groceries, Wal-mart visits for household essentials, and then you take the kids to a birthday party, or perhaps if you don't have kids you're going out to play tennis or see a concert or whatever. Maybe like a friend of mine you are in a wedding party and somehow being someone's bridesmaid is taking up all of your spare time.

Time for you to simply be
Picture not my own work
My point is, our lives are busy. When do we ever sit back and soak up the sun? Or walk along the beach? Or just sleep in? I mean, I barely noticed that the trees were in bloom this year and the next thing I knew they all had green leaves! Why didn't I notice that happening? My mind was too busy so I know it's time to slow down, breathe deep and just relax. Read books. Watch the clouds and birds and just be for a little while.

Guess what? It's okay to just be. To do nothing. Or what seems like nothing. It's healthy to spend time alone. It's good to take a break from the rush of doing, going, and just be still for a little while. Be with yourself instead of being swept along by things that likely can wait, or that maybe you just say no to.

So, R and R. That's my plan because it's long past time I put me first. I think, as a result, you'll see more book reviews.

Happy Reading,
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: